- Administration and Management of your values from any place. The Author only needs a webbrowser.
- Integrated User-, group- and rightsmanagement.
- All objects of a projects are stored in a tree-based explorer-like view.
- LDAP-Support, user passwords are checked against a LDAP-Server.
- Strict frontier between live and CMS-server. OpenRat generates only static pages and makes optimal perfomance possible on your live server.
- Pages are generated into the server filesystem or via FTP-Transfer to your webserver.
- Text-markup is done via Wiki-Syntax or the FCKEditor.
- Data is stored into a SQL-database, support available for PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Page preview as WYSISWYG.
- Managemant of all media files. The author is able to upload, replace, copy, move and rename objects.
- Versioning system, the author is able to re-use values out of a history.
- Support for multi-language Webpages.
- Executing of PHP-Code while generating the pages - a solution for complex menu structures.
- Generating multiple project models.
- WebDAV access
- The most important thing: OpenRat ist free software.
What OpenRat NOT is:
- OpenRat is no portal system. because of the frontier between CMS- and liveserver, no dynamic content like guestbooks are possible.